I did this blog post because a few years ago my mum and dad climbed to the top of Mount Etna and now my topic is about volcanoes so I wanted to research more about Mount Etna.
Here are the facts I found…
- Mount Etna is the highest mountain in Europe
- Mount Etna is in the middle of Sicily
- In 2013 Mount Etna was declared as UNESCO World Heritage site
- It is about 11 000 feet tall with a base of 93 miles around
- The biggest eruption was 11th of March 1669, which erupted for 122 days. Five weeks later many buildings were destroyed
- It erupts every year and it is still active!