This week’s French word is “dauphin”. It means “dolphin”
- Compared to other animals, dolphins are believed to be very intelligent.
- Dolphins are carnivores (meat eaters).
- The Killer Whale (also known as Orca) is actually a type of dolphin.
- Bottlenose dolphins are the most common and well known type of dolphin.
- Dolphins live in schools or pods of up to 12 individuals.
- Dolphins often display a playful attitude which makes them popular in human culture. They can be seen jumping out of the water, riding waves, play fighting and occasionally interacting with humans swimming in the water.
- Dolphins use a blowhole on top of their heads to breathe.
- Dolphins communicate with each other by clicking, whistling and other sounds.Some fishing methods, such as the use of nets, kill a large number of dolphins every year.
Source: Fun Dolphin Facts for Kids
Today’s French Word is “Ours”. It means “Bear”. Interesting facts American black bears are found in Canada, Mexico and North America. They mostly eat grasses, herbs and fruit, but will sometimes eat other things, including fish. The black bear’s coat has …