Today’s French Word is “pingouin”. It means penguin.
- Penguins are flightless birds.
- While other birds have wings for flying, penguins have adapted flippers to help them swim in the water.
- Most penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The Galapagos Penguin is the only penguin specie that ventures north of the equator in the wild.
- Large penguin populations can be found in countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Chile, Argentina and South Africa.
- No penguins live at the North Pole.
- Penguins can drink sea water.
- Penguins spend around half their time in water and the other half on land.
- The Emperor Penguin is the tallest of all penguin species, reaching as tall as 120 cm (47 in) in height.
This weeks french word is ” Kangourou ‘! Intresting Facts Kangaroos are marsupial animals that are found in Australia as well as New Guinea. There are four different kangaroo species, the red kangaroo, eastern grey kangaroo, western grey kangaroo and …
Today’s French Word is “Ours”. It means “Bear”. Interesting facts American black bears are found in Canada, Mexico and North America. They mostly eat grasses, herbs and fruit, but will sometimes eat other things, including fish. The black bear’s coat has …