This week’s French word is “Hibou”. It means owl.
- There are around 200 different owl species.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Most owls hunt insects, small mammals and other birds.
- Some owl species hunt fish.
- Owls have powerful talons (claws) which help them catch and kill prey.
- Owls are farsighted, meaning they can’t see things close to their eyes clearly.
- The color of owl’s feathers helps them blend into their environment (camouflage).
- Owls are very quiet in flight compared to other birds of prey.
- Barn owls can be recognized by their heart shaped face.
Source:Fun Owl Facts for kids
Today’s French Word is “Ours”. It means “Bear”. Interesting facts American black bears are found in Canada, Mexico and North America. They mostly eat grasses, herbs and fruit, but will sometimes eat other things, including fish. The black bear’s coat has …