This week’s French word is “Hibou”. It means owl.
- There are around 200 different owl species.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Most owls hunt insects, small mammals and other birds.
- Some owl species hunt fish.
- Owls have powerful talons (claws) which help them catch and kill prey.
- Owls are farsighted, meaning they can’t see things close to their eyes clearly.
- The color of owl’s feathers helps them blend into their environment (camouflage).
- Owls are very quiet in flight compared to other birds of prey.
- Barn owls can be recognized by their heart shaped face.
Source:Fun Owl Facts for kids
This week’s French word is “Martin -pêcheur”. It means kingfisher. Interesting facts Kingfishers eat mainly fish, chiefly minnows and sticklebacks, but they also take aquatic insects, freshwater shrimps and tadpoles. They close their eyes as they dive into the water, …
This week’s French word is “dauphin”. It means “dolphin” Intresting facts Compared to other animals, dolphins are believed to be very intelligent. Dolphins are carnivores (meat eaters). The Killer Whale (also known as Orca) is actually a type of dolphin. …