This weeks french word is ” Kangourou ‘!
- Kangaroos are marsupial animals that are found in Australia as well as New Guinea.
- There are four different kangaroo species, the red kangaroo, eastern grey kangaroo, western grey kangaroo and antilopic kangaroo.
- Kangaroos can hop around quickly on two legs or walk around slowly on all four.
- Kangaroos have very powerful legs and can be dangerous at times.
- Kangaroos can’t walk backwards.
- Kangaroos can swim.
- A group of kangaroos is called a ‘mob’, ‘troop’ or ‘court’.
- The red kangaroo is the largest marsupial in the world.
- Australian airline Qantas uses a kangaroo as their symbol.
Source: Fun Kangaroo facts